1) Go to 'Organize' and select Customize Style
2) After that, Select a Different Theme
and select 'Tabula Rasa'. Pick the one that says 'Plain'.
3) Next, scroll down to 'Choose a Page Setup
and select 2 Column (Sidebar on the right).
4) At the 'Presentation' tab, make sure type of tag listed is displayed as 'list'.
5) At the 'Modules' tab, make sure that only the custom text and the links are enabled. Remember to go to your links list to define your links!
6) To adjust the space between the entries and topbar, adjust the #primary property as needed.
7) Finally, at the Custom CSS section make sure 'Use layout's stylesheet(s)' is enabled and paste the code: Skeleton of a Town